Digital IC Design and Systems laboratory (DICES lab) is part of Computer and Informatics Engineering Department of the Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece, focusing on the undergraduate and postgraduate education in the areas of hardware design (FPGA and ASIC), microprocessor and microcontroller system design, System-on-chip design, hardware design of secure systems and hardware design of digital signal processing systems.
The main research interests of the Digital IC Design and Systems laboratory are the efficient hardware architecture design of digital ICs and systems for security and cryptography, for digital signal processing and for neural networks.
The major directions are:
- Digital IC design for security systems
- Efficient hardware implementations of cryptographic modules
- Hardware Trojan detection techniques
- Efficient hardware implementations of digital signal processing systems
- Embedded hardware and systems design
- Efficient low power IC design
- FPGAs design
- System-on-chip design
- Microprocessor and microcontroller system design